STANDARD TRADING CONDITIONS
Effective 1st Jan 2020
- In these Conditions, the following words have the following meanings:
“Company” means Senmon Development Limited 駿毅貿易有限公司 or Senmon Warehouse Limited 駿宏物流倉有限公司.
“Customer” means and includes the shipper, the consignee, the owner of the goods and/or any person at whose request or on whose behalf the Company provides Services.
“goods” includes goods, wares, merchandise and articles of every kind whatever; and any container, trailer, tank or pallet (including similar articles of transport used to store or consolidate goods) not supplied by or on behalf of the Company.
“Dangerous Goods” includes goods that are of a dangerous, explosive, inflammable, radioactive or damaging nature.
“Hague Rules” means the International Convention for the Unification of certain Rules of Law relating to Bills of Lading signed at Brussels on 25 August 1924.
“Owner” means the owner of goods.
“Services” means any services of the Company provided for the Customer e.g. undertaking or arranging for carriage of goods by air, sea, inland waterway, rail and/or road; and/or undertaking or arranging for storage, loading, unloading, packing, unpacking, consolidation, de-consolidation, collection, delivery and/or other handling of goods.
2.1. All business undertaken by the Company is transacted subject to these Conditions, which shall be deemed to be incorporated in any agreement between the Company and the Customer.
2.2. If at any time one or more of such provisions becomes invalid or illegal, the validity or legality of the remaining provisions of these Conditions shall not in any way be affected.
2.3. The Company may issue its own waybill, bill of lading, godown warrant, haulage receipt, forwarder cargo receipt, combined transport document, or other documents of carriage naming the Company as the carrier. Where such a document is issued, the terms and conditions in it shall prevail in so far as they are inconsistent with these Conditions.
2.4. Where the Company is held to be a carrier, the Company shall be entitled to all the rights, immunities, exceptions and limitations conferred on the carrier by any applicable law or legislation.
2.5. Where the Company has not issued its own bill of lading and is held to be a carrier as far as carriage of goods by sea or inland waterway is concerned, the Company’s liability shall be determined by Article III and Article IV of the Hague Rules, and the aforesaid Articles shall prevail in so far as they are inconsistent with these Conditions. The limitation amount in Article IV (5) of the Hague Rules is deemed to be the nominal value of 100 pounds sterling.
2.6. In these Conditions, words importing the singular include the plural and vice versa; words importing a gender include every gender.
2.7. Wherever it is provided in these Conditions that notice shall be dispatched by the Company to the Customer, such notice shall be deemed as having been dispatched if (i) the Company does not know the address, e-mail address or fax number of the Customer or (ii) the notice cannot reach the Customer through its address, e-mail address or fax number last known to the Company.
2.8. The Customer’s liability under these Conditions shall be joint and several.
- The Customer entering into any business with the Company warrants to the Company that the Customer is the Owner or it is authorized to accept these Conditions not only for itself but also for the Owner.
- The Customer further warrants that:
a. All the goods have been properly and sufficiently packed and that the Company has no liability for any loss of, damage to or any other claims relating to the goods which are improperly or insufficiently packed; and
b. The goods are fit and suitable for the carriage, storage and any other handling in accordance with the Customer’s instructions; and
c.it shall fully comply with applicable laws and regulations of ports, airports, Customs or other authorities.
5.1. The Customer shall indemnify the Company against all claims, liability, losses, damage, costs and expenses (including but not limited to loss of and/or damage to any aircraft, container and/or vessel) arising out of the Company acting in accordance with the Customer’s instructions, or arising from a breach of warranty or obligation on the part of the Customer, or arising from the inaccurate information or the insufficient instructions provided by the Customer, or arising from the mistake, negligence or willful default of the Customer.
5.2. The Customer undertakes that no claim shall be made against any employee, agent or sub-contractor of the Company if such claim imposes upon them any liability in connection with any Services provided by the Company. If any such claim should nevertheless be made, the Customer shall indemnify the Company against all consequences. Every such employee, agent and sub-contractor shall have the benefit of all the terms herein benefiting the Company as if such terms were expressly provided for his or its benefit. For these purposes, the Company contracts for itself and also as agent and trustee for each such employee, agent and sub-contractor.
5.3. The Customer shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Company from and against all claims, costs and demands whatsoever and by whomsoever made or preferred in excess of the liability of the Company under the terms of these Conditions, and such indemnity shall include all claims, costs and demands arising from the negligence or mistake of the Company or from the mistake, negligence, willful default or deliberate wrongdoing of the Company’s employee, agent or sub-contractor.
5.4. The Customer shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Company in respect of any General Average claim and any Salvage claim that may be made against the Company, and the Customer shall provide such security as may be required by the Company. All goods shall be subject to a lien for General Average and/or Salvage security. If the Customer fails to provide General Average and/or Salvage security acceptable to the Company within 14 days after notice has been dispatched to the Customer’s address, e-mail address or fax number last known to the Company, the goods may be sold by public auction or private treaty or may be disposed of at the sole discretion of the Company at the expense of the Customer, and the proceeds if any (net of the expenses in connection with such sale) shall be applied in satisfaction of General Average and/or Salvage contribution. In case the Customer does not receive the notice dispatched by the Company asking the Customer to provide General Average and/or Salvage security, such shall not affect the Company’s aforesaid right to sell or dispose of the goods. The Customer is responsible for payment of all costs and expenses (including but not limited to storage costs and demurrage charges) being incurred when the goods are being liened for General Average and/or Salvage security.
- Except under special arrangements previously made in writing, the Customer warrants that the goods are not Dangerous Goods, nor are goods of comparable hazard, nor are goods otherwise likely to cause damage. Should the Customer nevertheless deliver any such goods to the Company or cause the Company to handle any such goods otherwise than under special arrangements previously made in writing, then whether or not the Company is aware of the nature of such goods, the Customer shall be liable for all expenses, losses or damage whatsoever caused by or to or in connection with such goods and howsoever arising, and shall indemnify the Company against all penalties, claims, damages, costs, expenses and any other liability whatsoever arising in connection with such goods, and such goods may be destroyed or otherwise dealt with at the risk and expenses of the Customer or the Owner in the sole discretion of and without any liability to the Company. If such goods are handled by the Company under arrangements previously made in writing, they may nevertheless be destroyed at the risk and expenses of the Customer or the Owner in the sole discretion of and without any liability to the Company on account of risk to other goods, property, life or health. The goods that are likely to cause damage include goods that are likely to encourage vermin or other pests.
- Except under special arrangements previously made in writing, the Company will not deal with bullion, bank notes, coins, cheques, bonds, negotiable documents and securities, precious stones, precious metal objects, jewellery, valuables, antiques, valuable works of art, livestock or plants. Should the Customer nevertheless deliver any such goods to the Company or cause the Company to handle any such goods otherwise than under special arrangements previously made in writing, the Company shall be under no liability whatsoever in connection with such goods (including any loss, damage, misdelivery, misdirection or delay howsoever caused) and notwithstanding that the value of any such goods may be shown, declared or indicated on any documents accompanying such goods.
8.1. If delivery of the goods is not taken by the Customer or the Owner at the time and place when and where delivery should be taken, the Company shall be entitled (but is not obliged) to store the goods at the sole risk of the Customer and the Owner, whereupon any liability which the Company may have in respect of the goods stored as aforesaid shall wholly cease and the cost of such storage shall be paid by the Customer to the Company.
8.2. The Company is entitled (but not obliged) to sell by public auction or private treaty or to dispose of all goods which in the opinion of the Company cannot be delivered either because the consignee’s address is incorrect or because the goods are not collected or accepted by the Customer within 14 days after notice has been dispatched to the Customer’s address, e-mail address or fax number last known to the Company. In case the Customer does not receive the notice dispatched by the Company asking the Customer to take delivery of the goods, such shall not affect the Company’s aforesaid right to sell or dispose of the uncollected goods. The Customer shall pay all costs and expenses (including but not limited to storage costs and demurrage charges) incurred in connection with the storage and the sale and/or disposal of the goods.
8.3. All goods and documents relating thereto shall be subject to a particular and general lien for monies due in respect of such goods, or for any particular or general balance or other monies due from the Customer to the Company. If any such monies due to the Company are not paid within 14 days after notice has been dispatched to the Customer’s address, e-mail address or fax number last known to the Company, the goods may be sold by public auction or private treaty or may be disposed of at the sole discretion of the Company at the expense of the Customer, and the proceeds if any (net of the expenses in connection with such sale) shall be applied in satisfaction of such debts, and the Company shall not be liable for any reduction in value received on the sale of the goods, nor shall the Customer be relieved from the liability of any outstanding debts merely because the goods have been sold or disposed of. In case the Customer does not receive the notice dispatched by the Company asking the Customer to pay the outstanding monies, such shall not affect the Company’s aforesaid right to sell or dispose of the goods. The Customer is responsible for payment of all costs and expenses (including but not limited to storage costs and demurrage charges) being incurred when the goods are being liened.
9.1. The Customer shall pay to the Company all sums immediately when due without deduction on account of any claim, counterclaim or set-off. Payment to the Company is due as soon as an invoice is rendered to the Customer. For any amount unpaid within 30 days from the date of the invoice, the Company shall be entitled to interest from the date of the invoice until payment at 10% per month.
9.2. If the shipment is on the freight collect basis but the consignee does not take delivery of the goods within 14 days from the date of the goods’ arrival at the place of delivery, the Customer shall be responsible for payment of all the outstanding freight charges, and costs and expenses (including but not limited to storage costs and demurrage charges) incurred until the goods are duly delivered or are sold or disposed of as per Clauses 8.2 and/or 8.3.
10.1. The Company shall be entitled to sub-contract on any terms to any agents or sub-contractors the whole or any part of the Services whatsoever undertaken by the Company.
10.2. The Company reserves to itself absolute discretion as to the means, the manner, the routes and the procedures to be followed in the performance of the Services including the carriage, the storage and the other handling of the goods. The Company has liberty to use any means, routes or procedures, including using any vessel or stowing the goods on or under deck. Anything done in accordance with the aforesaid discretion or liberty shall not be a deviation of whatsoever nature or degree.
- If there is any loss, damage, deterioration, non-compliance or miscompliance of instructions, non-delivery, misdelivery (other than the ones described in Clauses 12.1 and 12.2), unauthorised delivery or misdirection of or to or in connection with the goods that arises from the negligence or mistake of the Company or that arises from the negligence, mistake, willful default or deliberate wrongdoing of the Company’s employee, agent or sub-contractor, the Company shall be liable for any claim relating to the aforesaid incident. However, the Company’s aforesaid liability shall not exceed a total of 5 times of the transportation fee of that part of the goods for in respect of which a claim arises.
12.1. If there is any misdelivery of goods without production of Bill of Lading negligently or deliberately done by the Company’s employee, agent or sub-contractor that has no instruction or prior approval of the Company, the Company shall be liable for any claim relating to the aforesaid misdelivery of goods. However, the Company’s aforesaid liability shall not exceed a total of 5 times of the transportation fee of that part of the goods misdelivered.
12.2. If the Company’s employee, agent or sub-contractor negligently or deliberately misdelivers the goods to a person (not entitled to receive the goods) without the Company’s instruction or prior approval, the Company shall be liable for any claim relating to the aforesaid misdelivery of goods. However, the Company’s aforesaid liability shall not exceed a total of 5 times of the transportation fee of that part of the goods misdelivered.
- Notwithstanding any other terms in these Conditions to the contrary but subject to Clauses 2.3 and 2.5, the Company shall not be liable for any claim relating to:
a. Any delay, goods shut out or off loaded, goods’ departure or arrival time; or
b. Any special, incidental, indirect, consequential or economic loss (including but not limited to loss of market, profit, tax, tax return, revenue, business or goodwill); or
c. Any loss, damage, expense or cost arising from fire, flood, storm, typhoon, explosion, port or airport congestion, deviation, strike, lock out, stoppage or restraint of labor even if the aforesaid incident arises from the negligence or mistake of the Company or from the negligence, mistake, willful default or deliberate wrongdoing of the Company’s employee, agent or sub-contractor. However, if the Company is still legally held liable for the aforesaid claim despite the aforesaid provision, the Company’s liability shall not exceed a total of 5 times of the transportation fee of that part of the goods in respect of which the claim arises.
- If there is any claim that the Company is legally held liable, and no other terms in these Conditions (limitingor excluding the Company’s liability) are suited to that claim, the Company’s aforesaid liability shall not exceed total of 5 times of the transportation fee of that part of the goods in respect of which the claim arises.
15.The Company may accept liability in excess of the limits set out in Clauses 11, 12.1, 12.2, 13 and 14 provided that (i) the value of the goods has been declared in writing by the Customer and accepted by the Company and (ii) the Customer pay to the Company additional charges as decided by the Company. Details of the additional charges will be provided upon written request by the Customer. The declared value accepted shall be the Company’s limit of liability and shall replace the limits in Clauses 11, 12.1, 12.2, 13 and 14.
- All and any Services provided by the Company gratuitously are provided on the basis that the Company will not accept any liability whatsoever.
17.It is agreed that superficial rust, oxidation, discoloration, or any like condition due to moisture is not a condition of damage but is inherent to the nature of the goods, and acknowledgement of receipt of the goods by the Company in apparent good order and condition is not a representation that such conditions of rust, oxidation, discoloration, or the like did not exist on receipt.
- If the Services are or are likely to be affected by any risk, delay, hindrance, difficulty or disadvantage of any kind whatsoever and howsoever arising (including but not limited to port or airport congestion, strike, lock out, stoppage, restraint of labor, and/or the Customer’s failure to pay the Services charges that have been outstanding for 2 months or more), the Company may terminate and/or abandon the Services and place the goods at any place for the Customer to dispose of the goods, whereupon the Company’s liability and responsibility in respect of the goods shall cease. If the Customer does not dispose of the goods within 14 days after notice has been dispatched to the Customer’s address, e-mail address or fax number last known to the Company, the Company is entitled (but not obliged) to sell by public auction or private treaty or to dispose of the goods at the expense of the Customer. In case the Customer does not receive the notice dispatched by the Company asking the Customer to dispose of the goods, such shall not affect the Company’s aforesaid right to sell or dispose of the goods. The Customer is responsible for payment of all the outstanding Services charges, and costs and expenses (including but not limited to storage costs and demurrage charges) incurred until the goods are disposed of or sold.
- Any claim against the Company must be in writing and delivered to the Company within 14 days from the date of delivery of the goods or the date the goods should have been delivered or the date the Customer first knows about the event that may give rise to the claim, whichever is the earliest. If the Customer fails to deliver the aforesaid written claim notice to the Company and thereby prejudices the Company’s position in the claim, the Company shall in any event be discharged of all liability whatsoever and howsoever arising in respect of the claim.
- The Company shall in any event be discharged of all liability whatsoever and howsoever arising in respect of the Services unless suit is brought against the Company in the courts of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region within nine months from the date of delivery of the goods or the date the goods should have been delivered or the date of the event giving rise to the claim, whichever is the earliest.
21.The defenses, exemptions and limitations of liability provided for in these Conditions shall apply in any action against the Company whether such action is founded in contract or in tort.
22.These Conditions and any contract with the Company shall be governed by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (with the exception of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance). Any claim or dispute must be determined exclusively by the courts in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and no other court.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS – WAREHOUSE & STORAGE
- Agreement to Terms and Conditions. It is agreed that Company’s Warehouse Receipt Terms and Conditions shall govern the dealings between Company and Customer for all warehousing and storage services. It is furthermore agreed that Company’s Warehouse Receipt Terms and Conditions are electronically published at http://www.senmon.com.hkand may be amended by Company from time to time, without notice. In the event of any conflict between these Warehouse Receipt Terms and Conditions as printed herein and the electronically published Warehouse Receipt Terms and Conditions, the electronically published version shall control. It is expressly understood that this Warehouse Receipt does not cover or apply to any rights, obligations, terms or conditions of the freight forwarding, customs brokerage or other services that Company has provided or may provide to the Customer; and that those separate services shall be governed by their respective Terms and Conditions which are provided separately and are posted on the above referenced website.
- Definitions. As used in this Warehouse Receipt:
- “Company” means the individual or entity listed on the front side of this Warehouse Receipt providing the warehousing services hereunder including its officers, directors, employees and agents of the Company while acting within the scope and course of their employment;
- “Customer” means the person, company, firm or other entity for whom the Goods are stored and to whom this Warehouse Receipt is issued; and
- “Goods” means the property tendered to Company by Customer for which Company has agreed to store pursuant to this Warehouse Receipt.
- Ownership of Goods. Customer warrants that it is the lawful owner and/or has lawful possession of the Goods tendered for storage. Customer warrants that it has sole legal rights to store Goods tendered, to release Goods, and to instruct Company regarding delivery or disposition of the Goods. Customer agrees to notify all parties acquiring any interest in the Goods of the terms and conditions of this Warehouse Receipt and further agrees to indemnify and hold Company harmless from any claim by third parties relating to the ownership, storage, handling or delivery of Goods, or from any other services provided by Company under this Warehouse Receipt. Such indemnification shall include any legal fees or costs incurred from any claim by a third party, regardless of whether or not litigation is actually filed.
- Pursuant to the terms and conditions of this Warehouse Receipt, Company agrees to receive, store, and release the Goods in accordance with Customer’s reasonable instructions.
- If Company determines that the original palletization of Goods must be broken down for storage purposes, Company shall be authorized to break down the pallets without further notice required to Customer.
- Storage Location. Company will store the Goods at its discretion at any one or more buildings at Company’s warehouse location identified on the front side of this Warehouse Receipt. The identification of any specific location with the Company’s warehouse complex does not guarantee that Goods shall be stored therein. Upon ten (10) days prior notice provided to Customer, Company may at its own expense, remove Goods to any other warehouse complex operated by Company.
- Company may provide additional services to Customer as requested and as agreed. Additional handling charges will apply whenever Goods are pulled for distribution or release, whenever physical inventories are requested by Customer, and whenever additional services are requested that are not explicitly included in the monthly storage charge quoted to Customer. Such additional charges will be provided to Customer and will be invoiced to Customer in addition to any storage charges due.
- Termination of Storage. Company reserves the right to terminate storage and to require the removal of the Goods, or any portion thereof, by giving Customer thirty (30) days advance written notice. Customer shall be responsible for payment of all charges attributable to said Goods within the stated period and for removing the Goods from the warehouse upon payment of all charges. If the Goods are not so removed, Company may exercise its rights under applicable law including but not limited to selling the Goods.
- Customer’s Warranties & Tender for Storage.
- Customer warrants that the Goods are properly marked, packaged, labeled and classified for handling and are fit for storage and any transportation as may be required. Company will not accept Goods that are not properly packaged or which, in the reasonable opinion of Company, are not suitable for movement or storage within the warehouse.
- Customer shall furnish at or prior to delivery, a manifest showing marks, brands or sizes to be accounted for separately and the class of storage desired, if applicable.
- Company’s receipt and delivery of a LOT (or partial LOT) shall be made without subsequent sorting except by special arrangement and subject to a charge.
- Hazardous Materials. Unless otherwise made known to Company in writing and accepted by Company, Customer warrants that the Goods are not considered hazardous materials and/or dangerous goods at the time the Goods are tendered to Company. If hazardous materials and/or dangerous goods are tendered for storage and accepted by the Company, a notation shall be so made on the face of this Warehouse Receipt. Customer warrants that the Goods shall be limited to the permissible materials and quantities in the then current regulations, and agrees to properly classify the Goods, to accurately describe the Goods, and to provide Company with all necessary or useful information for the safe storage and handling of the Goods including but not limited to, whenever applicable, Material Safety Data Sheets and/or Product Safety Data Sheets. If Customer breaches any of the foregoing warranties related to tender of hazardous materials or dangerous goods, or otherwise delivers any such unfit Goods to Company, Company shall be entitled to exercise all available remedies including the immediate destruction or removal of the Goods from the warehouse without notice to Customer. In the event of the foregoing breach of Customer warranties, Customer shall be liable for all expenses costs, losses, damages, fines, penalties or other expenses of any sort incurred by Company in connection with the removal, or destruction, or handling of the Goods and shall indemnify Company against all amounts, liabilities, claims, or damages arising in connection with the Goods.
- For all Goods tendered for storage, Customer shall supply such information and documents as are necessary to comply with all laws, rules and regulations. For all Goods, Customer shall provide to Company all documents or information necessary or useful for the safe and proper warehousing, handling, storage, and transportation (if any) of the Goods. If all such information and documents are not fully, accurately and timely provided to Company, Customer shall indemnify Company for all consequences of such failure.
- Customer warrants its compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations including but not limited to customs laws, import and export laws, as well as with the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and similar laws related to anti-corruption and anti-bribery.
- Payment Terms & Collection Expenses. Warehousing and storage accounts are due and payable monthly, in advance. Company will issue the monthly statement, in advance to Customer and Customer shall pay Company within 15 days of the invoice date unless otherwise agreed by the Parties in writing. All invoices not paid within 15 days of invoice date will be subject to a late fee of 10% per month, or the maximum rate then allowable pursuant to applicable law. If it becomes necessary for Company to utilize a collection agency and/or an attorney to collect any unpaid amount owed or to assist in effectuating the lien provisions herein, Customer shall be obligated to pay the collection agency fees and/or attorney fees, and expenses including court costs incurred, regardless of whether litigation is actually filed.
- Lien Rights. Company shall have a lien on the Goods tendered by Customer and upon any and all property belonging to Customer in Company’s possession, custody or control for all charges, advances or amounts of any kind due to Company under this Warehouse Receipt or under any prior or subsequent invoices issued to Customer by Company (including charges for storage, handling, transportation, demurrage, terminal charges, insurance, labor, and any other charges incurred). Company shall have a lien on the Goods and may refuse to surrender possession of the Goods until all charges or debts are paid in full. If such amounts remain unpaid for 30 days after Company’s demand for payment, Company may sell the Goods at public auction or private sale or in any other manner reasonable, and shall apply the proceeds of such sale to the amounts owed. Customer remains responsible for any deficiency outstanding to Company.
- Company shall not be liable for any loss or destruction of or damage to the Goods, however caused, unless such loss, damage or destruction resulted from Company’s failure to exercise such care in regard to the Goods as a reasonably careful person would exercise under like circumstances. Company is not liable for damages which could not have been avoided by the exercise of such care. Company and Customer agree that Company’s duty of care referred to herein shall not extend to providing a sprinkler system at the warehouse complex or any portion thereof.
- In no event shall Company be liable for any loss or damage caused by:
- acts of God; public authorities acting with actual or apparent authority; strikes; labor disputes; weather; mechanical or equipment failures; cyber attacks; civil commotions; hazards incident to a state of war; acts of terrorism; acts or omissions of customs or quarantine officials; acts of carriers related to security; the nature of the freight or any defects thereof; inherent vice of the goods; perishable qualities of the merchandise; fires; frost or change of weather; sprinkler leakage; floods; wind; storm; moths; public enemies; or other causes beyond its control;
- fragile articles injured or broken, unless packed by Company’s employees and unpacked by them at the time of delivery;
iii. pilferage or theft, unless such loss or damage is caused by the failure of Company to exercise such ordinary care required by law; and
- concealed damage, or for losses incurred due to the concealed damage of the Goods.
- Monetary Maximum Liability: In the event of loss or damage to the Goods for which Company is legally liable, Company’s liability shall be limited to actual value of the Goods, subject to a maximum of company’s liability insurance, unless Customer declared a higher value for the goods and Company agrees in writing to purchase insurance for the Goods at Customer’s benefit, and Customer has paid the supplementary charge in accordance with the terms herein.
- In no event shall Company be responsible for loss or damage to documents, stamps, securities, artwork, heirlooms, jewelry or other articles of high and unusual value unless a special agreement in writing is made between Company and Customer with respect to such articles.
- No Consequential Damages. IN NO EVENT, WHETHER AS A RESULT OF BREACH OF COMPANY’S DUTIES, NEGLIGENCE LIABILITY WITHOUT FAULT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY OR BASIS, SHALL COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, STATUTORY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF MARKET, LOSS OF INCOME, DAMAGES ARISING FROM LOSS, ATTORNEYS FEES OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WRONG DELIVERY, OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, LOSS OF USE OF GOODS, COST OF SUBSITUTED GOODS, DELAYED DELIVERY OR FAILURE TO ATTEMPT DELIVERY, WHETHER OR NOT COMPANY HAD KNOWLEDGE THAT SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES MIGHT OCCUR.
- Optional Insurance Offering. Company does not insure the Goods while in storage and the storage rates or charges billed to Customer do not include any insurance on the Goods. The Goods will therefore not be insured for any loss or damage, and the limitation of Liability set forth in paragraph 9 shall apply in all circumstances where Company is legally liable for such loss or damage, unless the Customer has requested in writing that Company obtain insurance for the Customer’s benefit, and the Customer has paid the required premium to Company for such additional insurance. Except as provided above, Company will not obtain insurance on the Goods for Customer’s benefit while the Goods are being stored at Company’s facility.
- Temperature or Humidity Controlled Storage. Unless specifically agreed to in writing, Company shall not be responsible for storage of the Goods in a temperature or humidity controlled environment. Customer knowingly accepts that the Goods will be warehoused in a non-temperature/humidity controlled environment. Company will not be responsible for any loss or damage to the Goods that result from fluctuations in temperature range or in humidity levels of the warehouse. Company will furthermore not be responsible for losses or damages incurred to Perishable Goods, unless otherwise agreed to in writing prior to tender of the Goods for storage.
- Inspection & Security. All shipments are subject to inspection by Company; by Company’s Carriers for any transportation services provided, if any; and by any duly authorized government or regulatory entities, including but not limited to the U.S. Transportation Security Administration, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, and like entities. Notwithstanding the foregoing right to inspect shipments, Company is not obligated to perform such inspection except as mandated by law. Further, Company reserves the right to unilaterally reject any shipment that it deems unfit for transport, or for storage under this Warehouse Receipt, after inspection.
- Notice of Claim and Filing of Suit.
- Company shall not be liable for any claim whatsoever for any loss, damage, or destruction of the Goods unless it is timely filed, in writing, within a maximum of sixty (60) days after Customer knew, or should have known by the exercise of reasonable care, of such loss or damage.
- Time Bar. Any lawsuit or other claim against Company with respect to the Goods shall be forever waived unless commenced within two (2) years after Customer knew, or should have known by the exercise of reasonable care, about such loss or damage.
- Notices. All written notices herein may be transmitted by any commercially reasonable means of communication providing delivery receipt to the sender, and shall be directed to Company and Customer at the address set forth on the front side of the Warehouse Receipt, unless otherwise instructed by either party in writing.
- Governing Law. This Warehouse Receipt shall be governed by the laws of the country where the Company’s warehouse is located, as identified on the face of the Warehouse Receipt, without reference to its conflict of laws principles.
- Merger; Waiver; Severability, etc. This Warehouse Receipt constitutes the entire understanding between Customer and Company regarding the storage of the Goods and services provided. This Warehouse Receipt supersedes all prior or contemporaneous verbal or written negotiations, statements, representations, or agreements. This Warehouse Receipt may not be modified except for a written agreement between Customer and an officer of Company. If any section or portion of this Warehouse Receipt is held by any court to be illegal or unenforceable it shall not affect the legality or enforceability of the remaining provisions or terms and conditions herein. Company’s failure to insist upon strict compliance with any provision of this Warehouse Receipt shall not constitute a waiver or estoppel to later demand strict compliance thereof and shall not constitute a waiver of or estoppel to insist upon strict compliance with all other provisions of this Warehouse Receipt.
- Headings Not Binding. The use of headings in this Warehouse Receipt are for ease of reference only. Headings shall have no effect and are not considered to be part of or a term of these Warehouse Receipt Terms and Conditions.